Foto gallery  Events Calendar

Trisobbio-Stemma

 Info Municipality:

Via De Rossi, 20 – 15070 TRISOBBIO
tel. 0143 871104 fax 0143 871360

web site: www.comune.trisobbio.al.it
e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

altitude above sea level m. 329

Look at the country on Google map

Small agricultural and tourist center not far from Ovada, inserted in the green hills of Monferrato covered with vineyards, between the Bormida and Orba, it is characteristically willing to terracing on three concentric circles around the castle.

Mentioned in documents of the eleventh century, as assets owned by the monastery of San Pietro of Acqui, with the name of Trexoblo, in 1300 was owned by the Marquis Malaspina.

Trisobbio in 1536, along with the Monferrato, became part of the Gonzaga of Mantova, later bought by Spinola. In 1708 was assigned with all the Monferrato by Joseph of Habsburg to Vittorio Amedeo of Savoy. In 1745, during the War of Austrian Succession was occupied by French troops. Subsequently Trisobbio followed the fate of the Kingdom of Sardinia, the triumph of Napoleon, the Restoration, the formation of the unification of Italy in 1861.

The Castle stands on top of a hill. Existing at the beginning of the thirteenth century, it underwent a major restoration in the nineteenth century as it was in a state of decay and disrepair and was rebuilt in its present form on the grounds of the former medieval castle at the beginning of '900 by architect D' Andrade. Located on top of the hill, in the village, it has elegant mullioned windows and a high tower. Owned by the town, now it houses a restaurant and wine bar where you can taste local products in which events are organized such as weddings, conferences and meetings.

About the Church parish N.S. Assunta not know certain information if not a date, 1398, which appears to be under reconstruction. Later the building underwent many changes which altered the structure, which today is in the Baroque style.
The frescoes are attributed entirely to the work of the brothers Ivaldi: Peter said "the dumb" and Thomas; ornamentation is by Giuseppe Ferraris.

In 1863, during the Holy Forty Hours, he inaugurated the work already completed. In addition to the beautiful frescoes that adorn the building, here are preserved two paintings by Michele Beccaria, born in Trisobbio in 1568, pastor of Montaldo and painter: the apparition of Our Lady to St. Hyacinth, dated 1611 and the Madonna with Child between saints John the Baptist, Francis of Assisi, Charles Borromeo, Chiara from Siena and Catherine from Siena of 1615. A third work is preserved in the Oratory adjacent to the church and represents the Holy Family with St. Stephen, St. John the Baptist and St. Sebastian but this painting does not have a certain date (perhaps the first decade of the seventeenth century). Of particular importance and value is the organ of 1863 by the company Serassi of Bergamo.

The church of St. Stephen is the oldest church building in the country. Outside the village, it is situated on top of a hill that is higher of that Trisobbio, at a distance of about a kilometer and a half, not far from the hamlet Villa Botteri.

The church of San Rocco is located not far from the center, on a hill from where you can enjoy a beautiful view. In this church we celebrate the Saint patron on August 16.

Palace Rossi Dogliotti

It became the town hall in 1932.

The period of construction of the building would refer to the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, while regarding the architecture and decor, it identified some main phases: the construction of the '500, the expansion of the late seventeenth century, the decorative enrichment of the nineteenth century.
On the main floor, which houses the offices and the Mayor's office, they are kept beautiful ceilings, floors grit handmade and original decorations, especially in fixtures, where you experience the character of the typical Baroque mansion from Piedmont. Two wooden floors, called "boxes", are the original eighteenth century.
The wine-cellars of the building, with good press in the early decades of the 1800s, hosting a wine bar and wine shop "Biodivino".

The Palace of the Old Schools

The Palace of the "old school" was built between 1862 and 1864 and replied immediately to the dual need for a place for the municipality and for the school. After the testament of the Cavalier Dogliotti City Hall moved to its present location and the building of new schools in 1970 led to the abandonment of the building.
Today, after the restoration work, the palace of the old school is the site of a point of information of the Castles Union between the Orba and the Bormida, the "point of union" and where are organized conferences and exhibitions.

The House of the old nursery

In the historic center of Trisobbio, near the Church Square, it is situated a house known as the "old nursery". Built at the end of '800 and remained in business until 1988, the building became municipal property in 2002.

Villa Botteri is a small hamlet of Trisobbio, located about three kilometers from the village; once very inhabited, had its own school, a post office and several shops; Today many houses were abandoned but some buildings, such as the church or rectory, have been restored aspect past.
In the hamlet of Villa Botteri is the Botanical Garden, a small corner of green, a place of rare beauty and scientific interest, presenting examples of local vegetation and exotic plants. You can admire specimens of larch, araucaurie, silver fir, spruce, maple Canada, Judas tree, twisted hazel.

The Church of St. John the Baptist in the hamlet of Villa Botteri is mentioned in the documents of the eleventh century bishop. Has ancient origins as evidenced by the fresco of San Bovo, holy warrior and pilgrim, related to the rural environment and revered as protector of animals, depicted with a sword and the ox exposed on the flag, rediscovered a few years ago inside. The Church has undergone drastic alterations and probably the original orientation of the Church was different from today. There have been many changes and the subsequent restoration of the roof, the floor, the bell tower and the facade. The paintings are less than 50 years ago and below them shines the oldest decoration nineteenth century.

At the center of the country, well preserved, alongside the modern part equipped with facilities for sports and recreation for all ages: in the green of the valley is located the Plant Multisport of pools, a facility dedicated to sports and entertainment, where, in addition to pools and water slides, there are soccer fields, tennis, volleyball, bocce and a park for children.

In the territory of Trisobbio there are many paths and trails in the woods and a source of fresh water, the source of Sambuco, downstream of the country.

The Green Route starts from the park Dotto di Montaldo connects Montaldo and Trisobbio following the path for about two kilometers of the Rio Stanavazzo. Along the way, you can meet exercise equipment, a cableway, game for children and a picnic area.

Among these streets and these trails is the "Walnut St. John" an old tree sprouting out of time and bears fruit in the short span of a week, just the week when we celebrate St. John (June 24). The legend tells that right here in the nineteenth century was found a treasure hidden by a soldier of fortune probably during its passage.

Recurring events:

mid-July: Festival at the Castle

August: Running Fitness "Stratrisobbio"

August 16: Feast of St. Rocco

November: Truffle Fair