The Churches in Ovada

casa-s-paoloThis 17th century building, whichbelonged to the Buffa Family was declared a National Monument in 1918 and the Pasionist Fathers were entrused with it in 1926.

On the third floor there is the Chapel, corresponding to the room where the Saint was born; on the same floor open two muesum rooms, rich in relics, among which are the waxmask onf the Saint, the two cloth hearts that San Paolo and his brother Giovanni Battista used to wear on their breasts, the Christening font where San Paolo was baptized and the chair where he used to have his rest in the last years of his life.

In the upper part of the faade stands out a fresco of the “Madonna del Carmine e le Anime del Purgatorio” .

In the lower part the coat of arms of the Daneo Family and, below it, a niche with a statue of the Saint in papier- mché from the early Twentieth Century.