Photo gallery  Events Calendar

Cremolino Stemma


Info Municipality:
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 7 – 15010 CREMOLINO
tel. 0143 879037 fax 0143 879425

web: www.comune.cremolino.al.it
e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

altitude above sea level m. 405

Look at the country on Google map

The country is located on the ridge that separates the valley Orba from valley Caramagna; on a clear day the view can be lost at 360 ° from the flat land Alexandrina to Acqui up to the Western Alps.
The village of ancient origins, spread around his castle and is surrounded by fertile vineyards of Dolcetto.
At the center of the village is accessed through the "Porta Sottana" decorated by the emblem of the country. Going up a picturesque street you reach the Malaspina Castle.

The castle, fourteenth century, was built by Tommaso Malaspina who abandoned his residence in Molare. Polygonal shaped stands on a rock that acts as a ideal hinge between the Ovadese and the Acquese. Like all manors of Monferrato underwent numerous changes. The quadrilateral irregularly shaped, made of brick had four towers at the corners: the present form dates back presumably to the fifteenth century, and of the towers remains only a polygonal shape. Part of the ancient city wall is still well preserved as the drawbridge, still present. The Castle has been in recent years undergone major restoration thanks to the new owners, who have masterfully brought to a renewed splendor.
The first building of worship of Cremolino have gone missing, most likely the ancient parish was annexed to the castle during the expansion of the same. In 1440 we have the first evidence of the necessity of building a new larger place of worship dedicated to Saint Mary with the patronage of St. Benedict. The Church, however, will not be equipped with its own bell tower up to 1616 due to economic problems.

In later centuries the Parish underwent many changes but it was only around 1870 that they decided to operate more massively, and achieving largest parish in the perimeter encompassing the previous one. The bell tower was preserved but lifted up for fifteen meters. Inside the Parish is proudly displayed an organ Vegezzi - Bossi dating back to 1914 and recently restored.

Just outside the country the Shrine of Our Lady of Bruceta has its origins in the ninth century approximately when the territory was ravaged by the Saracen raids. The story goes that after a fire caused by one of these raids from the ashes of the small chapel was rescued a portrait on stone representing the Madonna, still venerated in the Church. The inhabitants of the country for it considered the miraculous event they decided to call the chapel "Bruceta".
Dedicated to Our Lady of Grace, the church became a parish in the employ of the Parish of Molare in the eleventh century. Merged in the fifteenth century to the Parish intra walls soon became a destination of pilgrimages still frequent, especially because enjoys a particular form of plenary indulgence (Jubilee)
The Romanesque structure of the church has undergone many changes over the centuries, although it still retains its charm intact.

Recurring events:
May: Feast of Pancakes
walking gastronomic
July: Festival of Noodles
Fish Festival
August Theatrical review "Theatre and Music"
Holy Jubilee